Thursday 14 July 2016

Book review: Harriet Chance


Finished this last night so here is the review. So, i'm not that good when it comes
to me rambling about a book because it will turn out bad
and in the end I just found myself talking nonsense
and being clueless at the same time.

Yup i'm a girl that likes structured stuff.
Short but concise.

I know I should paste the synopsis from Goodreads here but I am too lazy oh God.
Guys, please forgive me and try to search the
synopsis will ya ?
Thank you 

So, let us start with me telling you important bits
from this book:

Harriet is a 78 years old lady and she lives alone. Her daughter and her son visit her occasionally

But, she has a friend, old, just like her. Her best friend. (the name starts with M but I forgot duhh) 

At 
first, have no feelings towards M. Like, neutral. But in the end.. (lets wait)

Her late husband was not a really good father or life partner to Harriet, but she still loves him anyway. and.. due to that fact, she could still speak to him (his spirit)

Honestly guys, this book got be dumbfounded ! I could never
belief this is the ending

I could never predict that Harriet has been keeping
all the secrets for years !!

So.. enjoy my review :)

Harriet went to a cruise that her husband booked for them ( ughh thats what i thought at first ).

 She is supposed to go with her bff (ughh) but then M bailed out- but she left her a letter

I FREAKING WANNA KILL M WHEN I FOUND OUT THAT SHE'S BEEN CHEATING WITH HARRIET'S HUSBAND FOR 40 YEARS ! DAMN IT.

AND TO MAKE THINGS WORST, THE CRUISE WAS MEANT FOR HER, NOT HARRIET

even though when they met, M did not know his wife is her bff-to-be  and although M loves Harriet and their friendship- I JUST CANNOT ACCEPT IT

so, life goes on and Harriet try to enjoy the cruise nevertheless and things get more exciting when her daughter made a surprise by joining her

---------------one more shocking news guys --------------------

HER DAUGHTER'S FATHER IS NOT HIS HUSBAND
OMG

and she has been keeping that secret for 78 years ! no one know. How can she handle it !!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

and what make it more like i wanna cry and punch the wall is it's his own uncle. How could he ? you know when you see your niece is having a bad times with her marriage, you help her ! not become a one night stand

she has been sexually harassed by his own uncle when she was young- silently and cautiously I must say
she cannot admit that, up until now.

The story ends with a sense of closure. All people around her- her husband's spirit and her daughter
told her to let it go. Let it all go. cause what is done cannot be
undone.
So yeah, she sets herself free and breathed her last breath.


No comments:

Post a Comment